Wednesday, January 4, 2017

#1,851: Easy homemade croutons

After Christmas, I had a big bag of leftover brat buns (Bolillo Rolls) from Sam's club and I really didn't want to just throw them out, so I decided to make homemade croutons with them.  Although I enjoyed this recipe/these croutons, they just don't have enough flavor.  I think next time I would make them and add some rosemary and minced garlic.  And WAY more parmesan for sure!  This is a good start, but certainly not the best or my future go-to recipe for homemade croutons.  


3 cups Day Old Sourdough Bread (I used leftover Bolillo rolls instead)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Black Pepper To Taste

Preheat the oven to 375ยบ F.

In a large bowl, combine the bread, olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss well to distribute the ingredients.

Spread the bread cubes out on a sheet pan, giving them plenty of space in between. Bake the bread cubes for about 10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown and crisp. Keep in mind that the staler and older the bread, the quicker it will brown, so color is a good indication of when it’s done.

No comments:

Post a Comment