Saturday, January 14, 2017

#1,865: Oriental Cauliflower Rice

I have very, very low expectations for this recipe (isn't that sad!? I really need to have more faith in recipes and if I will like them or not).  But I have been excited and nervous to try making this dish.  So I decided to whip this up for breakfast this morning (weird breakfast meal I know!).  Shockingly and wonderfully, I loved it!  I cut WAY down on the amount of eggs to add to it because I figured that would be the one ingredient that was going to make or break this dish for me.  For me personally, that was probably a good idea.  If you love eggs though, I'd suggest adding more.  Also, it suggests adding bacon and at the time I didn't have any made, so I just added bacon bits.  Real bacon would obviously be better, but in my time crunch, the bacon bits were just fine for me.  I enjoyed this so much in fact, I'm debating eating/making it again for lunch! 

This would be a great, healthy breakfast to make in the morning as long as you prep your veggies the night before.  I'm adding cauliflower to my grocery list for next week for sure. 

I found this recipe on a post from Mommy Trainer on facebook, although the post shows a link to instagram.  I'm glad I came across her page and this recipe.  

Riced cauliflower (I riced about 7 medium sized florets or so).
Your choice of veggies: carrots, peas, peppers, onion, broccoli, etc.
3-4 eggs (I did one)

salt and pepper
coconut aminos or soy sauce
ham or bacon, diced (optional)


Saute your veggies (I did red bell pepper, peas, and red onion).  When they are almost done, add the egg(s) and scramble with the veggies.  When the eggs are just about scrambled add the riced cauliflower to heat through.   Season with salt and pepper.  Add coconut aminos (or soy sauce) to taste.  Add chopped bacon or ham if desired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment