Monday, January 16, 2017

#1,867: Baked Balsamic Chicken


I am not the biggest chicken fan, but my husband is and when I ask him what he wants me to add to our menu, chicken is often requested.  I also want/need to serve it so my kids learn to love it more than I do AND because it's a healthy protein option for us all.  So I found this recipe for a super easy baked balsamic chicken recipe that you can make ahead of time (or at the last minute like me if you forget to put the marinade together!)

This was super moist chicken and my family really enjoyed this.  I was afraid they were not going to like this because of the chunks of onion, so I had to scrape it off their chicken pieces.  Next tim I will probably leave the onion in much bigger slices so it still flavors the dish, but I can pick it out for the kiddos...and my husband. 

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used chicken breast tenders) 
1/2 small onion, diced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
2 tsp. coarse whole grain mustard (optional) (I DID add this)
Salt and pepper

Combine all the ingredients into a Ziploc bag and give it a good massage with your hands to coat the chicken. Let the chicken marinate several hours up to overnight if you have time.  If not, you don't have to let this sit. 

Preheat oven to 400F. Place the chicken into a glass dish in a single layer and pour any excess marinade on top. Season with extra salt and pepper if desired. Place into oven, uncovered, and bake for 20 minutes.

Boneless Chicken Breasts
Start checking your internal temperature chicken at 20 minutes. They may need only 5-10 minutes more (depending on thickness of meat.).  Chicken is cooked when the internal temperature reaches 160F.

No comments:

Post a Comment