Wednesday, January 4, 2017

#1,854: Quinoa-Corn Salad


I came across this recipe in my recent issue of Food Network Magazine, and was super eager to try it because I LOVE quinoa and I LOVE corn.  Some of my favorite food groups combined together!!  Although I certainly enjoyed this recipe, the second day I had some leftover sesame ginger salad dressing and added it to this as well, and I enjoyed this even more!  So the next time I make this I'll probably add some sesame ginger dressing to it as well.  And red onion.  As you can see from my photo I used red onion instead of the scallions...it was just as good...but I like red onions! 

1/2 cup red quinoa
3 shucked ears of corn (I used frozen shoepeg corn, about 5 oz)
1 chopped large heirloom tomato (I used about 10 grape tomatoes)
2 sliced scallions (I used red onion)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
pinch of cayenne

Cook 1/2 cup red quinoa as the label directs. Put 3 shucked ears of corn in a bowl with a few tablespoons of water; loosely cover and microwave until tender, about 3 minutes. Cool, then cut off the kernels.

Toss the quinoa and corn with tomato, scallions, olive oil, lime juice, salt and a pinch of cayenne.

No comments:

Post a Comment