Saturday, January 7, 2017

#1,862: Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken


Sorry, this isn't a pretty picture!

My family did however, really enjoy this chicken.  I went to school to get some work done and as soon as I walked in the door I could smell that this was getting overcooked...and I was right.  The edges of our chicken were a little dry, but that was because I wasn't home to check on it.  Yes, I know that's the point of the crockpot, but I used thin chicken breasts, so it didn't take that long to cook.  We ate this with rice, and drizzled the sauce over the top...OK Allison and I ate it that way.  Everyone else ate it dipped in catsup.  (shaking head in disbelief)  

4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs  (I used thin boneless skinless chicken breasts)
4 garlic cloves, minced
⅓ cup honey
½ cup low sodium ketchup
½ cup low sodium soy sauce
½ teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
½ tablespoon toasted sesame seeds


Arrange chicken thighs on the bottom of your slow cooker; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oregano and parsley; whisk until thoroughly combined.

Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs.
Close with a lid and cook for 4 to 5 hours on LOW, or 3.5 to 4 hours on HIGH.*
Remove lid and transfer chicken to a serving plate.


Spoon the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment