Saturday, January 26, 2013

#802: French Dip Crescents


Although these aren't very pretty, they are very, very good.  I don't even like roast beef and I had to stop myself from finishing the plate.  These would make a great, easy, relatively make ahead, appetizer.  I decided to make it for dinner though.  The girls thought they were just okay.  Brian, my mom and I really liked them though.  I was the only one who ate them with the dipping au jus sauce.  It was good! 

Next time I make these I'm going to try cutting the crescent rolls in half (so I would get 16 out of each tube) and stuffing them with just as much cheese and roast beef.  We'll see if they still turn out as good or as pretty.

1 (8 oz.) can Pillsbury crescent rolls (I used reduced fat)
8 slices cheese of your choice (I used .2 oz for each roll-up)
1/2 lb. thinly sliced roast beef (I used 1 1/2 slices per roll up)
2 cups beef broth
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 pinch onion powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Lay out the individual crescent triangles on a work surface. Add a small roll of roast beef and a slice of cheese at the larger end of the triangle, then roll the crescent over the mixture until the crescent roll is formed. Repeat with remaining crescent triangles, roast beef and cheese.

Once completed, lay each crescent roll on a baking sheet that has been prepared with cooking spray. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until the crescent rolls are slightly golden and the cheese is melted.

Meanwhile, bring the beef broth, garlic powder and onion powder to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and pour into serving bowls.  Serve the crescent rolls with the au jus for dipping.

Each of my crescents were 4 ww+ pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment