Sunday, January 31, 2016

#1,768: Taco Pork Chops

Pretty big thumbs down for this recipe from my crew.  Although I ate this served over some shredded cabbage (more like a taco salad) and I would personally eat this again, I was the only one who enjoyed this at all, and that was pretty marginally.  It was an easy recipe, but it just didn't do it for us. I threw all of the ingredients into my crockpot and let it cook on low for about 8 hours while at work.
  
4 pork chops (bone-in or boneless, whatever you prefer)
1 tbsp. vegetable oil (I omitted)
16oz. can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup medium onion, chopped
 4 tbsp. taco seasoning

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chops in the oil for about 3 minutes on each side until they are nicely browned.

In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, water, onion and seasoning.  Pour this over the chops and bring to a boil.

Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet.  Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the chops are cooked through.  Let them stand for about 5 minutes before serving.   

No comments:

Post a Comment