Sunday, January 10, 2016

#1,748: Paleo Coconut Pecan Breakfast Bars

You are supposed to use an 8x8 pan for this recipe, but both of mine were being used, so I used a 9x13 pan instead, so my bars came out super thin (as I expected).  I think I probably prefer them thin because they are less eggy that way.  Although I enjoyed this right out of the oven, I realized that the tops and edges were definitely more browned than the bottom....So I flipped it over and put it back in the oven to try to brown the bottom (which was now the top) as well.  I did work a little and dried it out some, so I enjoyed these even more.  

Coconut oil
2 eggs
1 banana
¼ cup honey
½ tsp vanilla
⅓ cup coconut flour (I used coconut flour and flaxseed meal)
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
4 Tbsp coconut milk
½ cup chopped pecans (I used slivered almonds)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use the coconut oil to grease an 8x8 pan.

Crack your eggs into a medium sized bowl and quickly whisk them up.  Mash your banana and add to the bowl with the eggs along with the honey and vanilla.

Add the coconut flour, making sure to combine everything well and ensuring there are no clumps.  Add the unsweetened shredded coconut and coconut milk and mix well.

Spoon the batter into your pan and smooth it out. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over top.
Bake your bars in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on them - when the edges are golden brown and the center is firm, they're done!


No comments:

Post a Comment