Friday, January 1, 2016

#1,741: Herbal Iced Tea

In an attempt to drink more water (for myself and the kids) and less sugary drinks (they are currently obsessed with no-cal lemonade) I decided to try and make this fruity herbal tea drink for us.  I added 4 packets of Stevia to ours to hopefully sweeten it up enough for the kids to like.  It doesn't make a whole lot (I'd definitely have to double this next time), but with the stevia I personally think it tastes like a less sweet Kool-aid.  Allison agrees, but Chloe and Matthew were not fans of this.  I think it just takes a matter of time to get used to this.  I however, enjoyed it and will definitely make this again (for myself AND the kids).

2 cups of boiling water
4 herbal tea bags

Add the 4 tea bags to the boiling water and allow to steep for at least 6 minutes.  Add another 2 cups of cold water and chill for 6 hours.  Add a little bit of sweetener if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment