Sunday, January 24, 2016

#1,760: Asian Lettuce Wrap Filling

I wasn't sure I was going to like this recipe as much as I did, but I loved it!  I didn't have any Asian fish sauce, but I did have some hoisin sauce, so I used that instead.  This was really, really good.  I didn't have any lettuce leaves, so I served this over shredded coleslaw mix instead.  Normally when I eat a salad it HAS to have some sort of salad dressing on it, so I thought I was going to have to add it to this recipe/salad too, but I did not need it.  In fact, I can't wait to eat this again tomorrow. 

2 tablespoons canola oil
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
1 serrano chile or jalapeño, thinly sliced, seeded
1 pound ground pork (I used ground turkey)
1/2 cucumber, chopped
2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce (I used hoisin sauce)
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
Salt and pepper
1 cup chopped cilantro
12 large Boston lettuce leaves (I used shredded coleslaw)
Lime wedges, for serving, optional
Preparation

In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, serrano chile and ground pork and cook, stirring occasionally, until pork is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.


Add cucumber, fish sauce and vinegar to skillet, then season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until liquid is almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Serve pork mixture in lettuce leaves with lime wedges, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment