Sunday, January 17, 2016

#1,755: Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken

This is a very simple chicken recipe that I made for my family for dinner one night this past week (I thought I posted it already...guess not!).  Most of my family ate this as chicken pieces, but I shredded mine and added it on top of brown rice, mixed with some diced water chestnuts, and leftover roasted brussel sprouts.  It would have been great with some crispy chinese noodles for crunch, but I didn't have any.  Overall I enjoyed this, but it was quite dried out (no that's not pieces of bacon in there, that's the ends of the chicken!).  I think it needs a little more liquid to cook in so that it doesn't dry out as much...but that's the chance I always take with a recipe when I let it cook ALL day without having a chance to stir it because I'm at work.  

2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, and cut into 2-inch pieces (I left whole so I could shred some of it)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
3 garlic cloves, minced
hot chili sauce (optional)

Add chicken to crock pot along with soy sauce, honey, minced garlic and hot sauce.
Set crock pot to low and cover. Stir once 2 hours into cooking and then cook addition 2 hours.  (I was at work so I threw this in frozen and let it cook for about 8+ hours...too long, but not much I can do when I have to go to work and can't come home to check on it.  And I refuse to bring my crockpot to work with my anymore because it was fine when I did it, but when my co-worker did it too, the smell of it cooking made me hungry all day.  That's not fair to my co-workers to be jealous of my dinner.  LOL).  




No comments:

Post a Comment