Sunday, January 10, 2016

#1,750: Real Fruit Homemade Icee


I made this 2 ingredient frozen drink for my kids to have with their lunch one day.  I figured it would be a healthy fruit/veggie side for them, without them knowing it.  I found a 100% organic juice in the produce section that happened to be on clearance, and got so excited I didn't look at the ingredients.  Yes it was 100% fruit, but it included BEETS which totally over powered this drink.  (Actually it has apple, carrot, beets, banana, pineapple and turmeric in it).  The kids were split on this drink and liked it more than I thought they would, but didn't love it (I blame the beets).  So we will be making this again but just with a different juice choice. 

1 cup crushed ice
⅓ cup 100% fruit juice

In a blender, combine ice and fruit juice. Blend until you have an even slush consistency.

Real fruit juice with a stronger flavor (such as pomegranate juice, grape juice, cider, etc.) work best.  You can also use frozen fruit juice concentrate (such as orange) and use 2 tablespoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment