Sunday, January 10, 2016

#1,746: Taco Meatballs

This recipe was supposed to be used with ground pork, but I prefer ground turkey instead.  It also called for cheese cubes (which I had) but decided it would be easier and faster to use shredded cheese.  I would however try this again with the cheese cubes.  I personally enjoyed this.  I think the ground turkey made them a tad dry, but I thought they were good overall. I would make these again.  I ate this with roasted veggies (and once with a little quinoa too), but I think these would also be good as a meatball sub or chopped up in a taco shell.  

It's terrible quality, but this recipe also gave me a chance to try making a how-to video...link below.  :) 

1 1/2 lb lean ground pork (or beef) (I used ground turkey)
1 tsp minced garlic
4 tbsp chopped green onion
0.6 oz (17 g) taco seasoning mix 
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
36 pcs (1/2" cubes) cheddar cheese (I used Mexican blend shredded cheese)

Preheat oven to 425°F.  Combine all ingredients together (EXCEPT cheddar cheese) in a mixing bowl and mix well. (Since I used shredded cheese I DID mix it into the mixture). 

Wrap each cheese cube with 1 tablespoon of meat to form a meatball.

Arrange the meatballs on a non-stick cookie sheet (or spray with cooking spray) and bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment