Friday, January 1, 2016

#1,742: Sautéed Green Beans and Cashews

Here is a very easy, quick side dish you can make to go with just about anything.  I am a huge cashew lover, so I was happy to add them to this dish, but if you don't like cashews or have another nut on hand, it would be just as good so feel free to substitute.  

1/3 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, divided (I used zesty Italian b/c that’s what I had)
1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
1 red pepper, chopped (I omitted)
1 small red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup cashews, chopped

Heat half the dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add vegetables and garlic; cook 8 to 10 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.

Add remaining dressing; cook 1 to 2 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle with nuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment