Thursday, June 25, 2015

#1,523: Cinnamon-Sugar Chocolate Chip Scones


I was in the mood to give the kids something different than our traditional breakfast bar or cereal in the morning, so I decided to have the girls help me make these super simple scones.  I didn't have any biscuit mix in hand so I made my own, and even have some leftover for another round of scones (or a different biscuit mix recipe) in the future.

We loved this recipe and the kids are a little upset that I'm making them wait until tomorrow morning to eat it. We did sneak a taste of one (or two!!) and it was hard to stop eating it. Love, love, love!!

3 cups Biscuit Baking Mix (I made my own using this recipe, halved)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (I used sour cream)
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
Cinnamon sugar or coarse sugar

Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix Biscuit Baking Mix and sugar. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chips.

(I skipped this step)Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10 times.

Line a round pizza pan with parchment paper.  Place the dough in the middle of the pan and pat into a 9-in. circle.  Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.  Cut into eight wedges.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment