Sunday, June 28, 2015

#1,529 (Weight Watchers) Crunchy Asian Salad


I found this recipe in a recent issue of Weight Watchers and it totally caught my attention.  Lettuce leaves, edamame, vegetarian...yes please!  I made this for dinner tonight after our church picnic...it was so easy to prepare. 

This recipe was supposed to be eaten as a lettuce wrap but I decided to chop up my garden fresh lettuce instead and mix it all together.  I loved this recipe!  The only thing I personally think it needed was some protein but next time I'll either add some grilled chicken or some toasted almonds.  Let's be totally honest, I'll add the almonds...or cashews.  :) 


1/2 c packaged coleslaw mix
1/2 c shelled edamame

1/4 c shredded carrots
2 tsp reduced-calorie sesame salad dressing
2 romaine lettuce leaves
rice vinegar (splash)

2 tsp chopped scallion
1 tsp sesame seeds
chopped fresh mint (to taste)


In a small bowl mix the coleslaw mix, edamame, and carrots.  Set aside.  


In a second small bowl mix the salad dressing and rice vinegar.  Pour on top of the coleslaw mixture and toss to combine.  Spoon into lettuce leaves.  Garnish/top with scallions, sesame seeds and mint.

Serves 1.  Points Plus Value: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment