Sunday, June 28, 2015

#1,530: Healthy Strawberry Banana "Ice Cream"

Here's a super simple, 4 ingredient "ice cream" that you can make in your food processor. This ice cream was supposed to be placed in the freezer until a frozen consistency, but we ate our right away more like soft serve.  The kids LOVED this and have asked me to make it again tomorrow.  I always have bananas frozen in the freezer and strawberries are so inexpensive right now I can easily have a bunch of them frozen and ready to go as well.  

2 bananas, cut into 1-inch slices, frozen
½ cup strawberries, sliced, and frozen (I didn't bother to slice mine.  Add it in whole!)
2 Tbsp whipping cream (I used almond milk)
½ tsp vanilla

Remove strawberries and bananas from freezer and place in food processor, blend until they are the consistency of soft serve ice cream.  Add cream and vanilla and blend until smooth.  (This is where I stopped!)

Transfer ice cream to a freezer container and freeze until solid.  Scoop with ice cream scoop and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment