Friday, June 26, 2015

#1,526: Asparagus and Tomatoes


I had some tomatoes that I needed to use up, and I was in the mood for some asparagus, so I decided to make this simple side dish/recipe!  I wasn't sure I was going to love this as much as I did, as I normally only really enjoy asparagus that has been grilled, but I ate the entire thing (I guess it was good!).  I would definitely make this again!!

1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup coconut or olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
10 grape tomatoes, halved

Combine the asparagus and water in a 10 inch skillet and place over medium heat; cover. Allow the asparagus to steam until tender, about 10 minutes; drain.

Reduce heat to low and return the skillet to the heat. Drizzle oil over the asparagus; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Add the grape tomatoes to the skillet and replace the lid. Allow to sit covered until the cheese melts and the tomatoes are slightly steamed, about 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment