Saturday, June 20, 2015

#1,512: Radish and Jicama Tabbouli


Well here is a super simple salad side dish that can be made ahead of time. I loved this one and ate it for 2 or 3 days!  This recipe has been sitting on my Pinterest board for over a year now and I'm disappointed that I didn't make it sooner.  It is not the favorite thing I've ever made, but I enjoyed it as a side dish to my grilled turkey burgers, and a change of pace from the types of veggies I've been eating lately.  This would be good served over lettuce or shredded cabbage too.  

1 bunch parsley, chopped (I used a small handful)
1 bunch radishes, finely chopped
½ lb jicama, peeled and finely chopped
2 carrots, finely chopped
1 cucumber, finely chopped
8 kalamata olives, minced (next time I will add more of these!)
1 tablespoon mint, minced
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
½ lemon, juiced
salt to taste

Combine all of the chopped veggies (parsley, radishes, jicama, carrots, cucumber, olives, and mint) in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, cider vinegar, lemon, and salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment