Wednesday, June 3, 2015

#1, 509: Clean-out-the-fridge tuna salad

I had a lot of random veggies in my fridge and a packet of tuna so I decided to throw a whole bunch of things together and see how it turned out.  Shockingly, I actually really, really loved this tuna.  I ended up eating it over some lettuce that I picked from my garden which made it even better.  I will definitely be making this again...hopefully someone else will find this as delicious as I did.

You can totally adapt this to veggies you have in your fridge!

1 packet of low-sodium tuna (I used tuna in water)
1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt

1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 bell pepper, diced
1/2 green onion, diced
2 Brussel sprouts, shredded


In a small bowl combine the yogurt, mustard and vinegar.  Whisk to combine and add more vinegar as needed to thin it out.

In a separate bowl combine the tuna, sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and brussel sprouts.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Pour the yogurt mixture over the tuna and mix to combine.  


Eat as is, or serve in lettuce wraps, over salad mix, or on bread/crackers if desired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment