Tuesday, June 30, 2015

#1,531: Foil Pack Chicken Fajitas

This truly was a super simple, and delicious way to make chicken.  As I've mentioned before, I'm not a huge chicken (or meat) fan.  I do eat it often, but don't usually eat a whole lot of it in one meal.  If I make chicken on the grill (which I like) I might eat half of a chicken breast if it's well done and seasoned!  If it's too thick and juicy (i.e. good) I probably won't eat much of it.  However, this chicken was not only super flavorful, it was moist!  And the my chicken got a little well done on the bottom which made it perfect for my liking!!  These were so simple to make and would be an easy dinner to take with you when camping. The original recipe says to bake these in the oven, which I'm sure would be really easy/good/moist as well, but we already had the grill on so I just popped it on there instead.  SO simple, so delicious!

1½ tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
12 ounces raw boneless skinless lean chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
1 bell pepper (any color), sliced
1 small zucchini, sliced into thin strips
Half an onion, sliced

We grilled ours over medium heat for maybe 15-20 minutes.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine lime juice and the seasonings to form a thick paste. Add chicken and veggies and stir to coat. Set aside. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil (I just used 2 pieces of regular foil) on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.

Spoon chicken-veggie mixture into the center of the foil and spread it out a bit. Place another large piece of foil over the chicken-veggie mixture. Fold together and seal all four edges of the two foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet.

Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Let cool slightly. Using oven mitts, carefully flip packet over to mix contents, and then return to right-side-up. Cut packet to release steam before opening it entirely. (Careful—steam will be hot.) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment