Tuesday, June 30, 2015

#1,534: Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette

Do not judge this recipe by it's pathetic picture!  This was all I could get!  I was needing to get dinner on the table quickly (kids were hungry), I couldn't find a jar small enough to photograph it in, and taking an aerial shot of the blender just wasn't going to cut it.  So a quick picture of one of the kid's plates is all I got.  I never claim to be a food photographer!!  

Anyhow, Chloe helped me make this recipe, and although the kids weren't big fans of this dressing, I WAS!  I loved it.  I'll admit it is a little sweet, and really probably doesn't need the added sugar from the honey, and personally could use a little crushed red peppers to balance out the sweetness a little bit, but I still ate and enjoyed this!!  I would definitely make this again, especially this summer when we seem to always have strawberries on hand.  

1 cup fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon (I didn’t have any so I used dried thyme)
1/4 teaspoon honey


Mix all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Drizzle on your salad and store the rest in a sealed container in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment