Thursday, June 4, 2015

#1,510: Cinnamon Tea Rolls

I am on a breakfast kick lately apparently, and my kids certainly don't seem to mind!  Chloe (6) helped me make these and did a great job putting these together.  I used crescent sheets to make it easier and quicker, and also added some melted butter to make them a little moister.  It also needs WAY more cinnamon and sugar than the recipe calls for.  Otherwise it's a good recipe.  The kids devoured these and I made a double batch!  I will definitely be making these again.  

1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls (I used crescent sheets)
1 tablespoon sugar (I used about 1/4 cup!)
2 tbsp melted butter
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used about 1 tbsp or more)
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1-1/4 teaspoons orange juice

Unroll crescent dough into one rectangle; seal perforations. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Using a serrated knife, cut into four slices.  (Since I used crescent sheets, I just unrolled it, brushed with the melted butter and the sprinkled the cinnamon and sugar on top.  I rolled mine up starting on the long side and cut into about 12 pieces). 


(I skipped this step and baked on a cookie sheet instead!)  Place rolls, pinched side down, in ungreased muffin cups. 

Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. 

In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice; drizzle over rolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment