Tuesday, September 21, 2010

#35: Oatmeal in your smoothie???

That's right, this picture was taken of my smoothie in my magic bullet.  If you don't have a magic bullet, YOU NEED TO GET ONE!  I am on my 2nd one and probably should get a 3rd because I am wearing this one out.

That's right, this recipe used cooked oatmeal so I was intrigued and just had to try it.  The recipe, as intended, was WAY too thick for my liking.  If you want to eat your smoothie with a spoon, then this is for you.  I however, had to add some 100% juice to mine to thin it out and next time I will add even more juice to thin it out more. 

I found this recipe in an advertisement of some kind...arnold's bread maybe?!  There were not quantities listed, just to add yogurt, fruit and oatmeal, so this is the recipe I made:

1/2 frozen banana (next time I won't freeze)
1/3 c frozen fruit (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc)
1 c yogurt
1/4 c cooked, cooled oatmeal
1/2 - 1 c 100% fruit juice (I perfer Bolthouse Farms for added fruit/nutrients)

Combine in blender until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment