Sunday, September 26, 2010

#40: "Grilled" Onion Blossom


This recipe is supposed to be grilled, but I didn't want the grill going for 40 minutes just for an onion, so I put this in the oven instead.

This recipe came from Kraftfoods.com and only required 3 ingredients, so I figured I'd make it for dinner tonight.  Mine did not turn out anyting like the picture on Kraft's website.  I thought I would be able to pull the onion pieces apart and eat it and mine was much more done for that.  I didn't enjoy this as a side dish probably because it wasn't anything like a fried onion blossom, but I would eat this as a topping for a burger. 

1 large vidalia onion (I used a yellow onion b/c that's what I had)
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese

2 tbsp steak sauce

Heat grill to medium high heat (I baked in the oven at 425 for 20 minutes and then another 35 (until our dinner was done) at 350 degrees)

Peel onion.  Partially cut into 6 wedges, being careful not to cut through to the bottom of onion.
Place on a large sheet of foil.  Gently pull onion wedges apart; sprinkle with cheese.  Drizzle with steak sauce.  Wrap tightly in foil.

Grill 40 min or until onion is tender and lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment