Tuesday, September 21, 2010

#34: What to do with extra apples? (Apples and Red Onions)


With our abundance of apples (not complaining, just stating a fact!) I was hoping to find another way to use them besides making applesauce.  A healthy way of using them too (apple pie does not count!).  I found a recipe in the current issue of Real Simple Magazine which required minimal ingredients and my new favorite vegetable, roasteed red onions. 

This was yummy!  Next time I'd cut my apple slices larger because they were really well done and soft!  Not that I minded, but next time I'd like to try it with more of a crunchy texture.  I give this 4 stars...and will definitely make this again!


Roasted Apples with Red Onion and Thyme:
Toss Apple and Red Onion wedges with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh thyme sprigs (I used dried).  Roast at 400 degrees, tossing once, until tender, 35-40 minutes (I cooked mine more like 20 min).

No comments:

Post a Comment