Wednesday, September 15, 2010

YONR #23: Flat Bottom Fruit Pie


The dish I made for our Berry themed Recipe Swap Girls Night In was Flat Bottom Fruit Pie from Kraft.com  I made it mainly because it needed few ingredients and I had most of them on hand.  I baked the pie crust the night before and after it cooled, I wrapped it in aluminum foil and stuck it in the fridge.  I also made the pudding mixture the night before too. 

This was good, and I would make it again, but the crust didn't hold up.  It was crispy, but it broke into pieces really easily.  Someone suggested using snickerdoodle cookie as the base...that sounds good, so I would try this next time.

1 Ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-oz. pkg.)
1 tsp. Cinnamon sugar (3/4 tsp. sugar and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon)
1-1/4 cups Half-and-half  (I used skim milk)
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding (I used french vanilla)
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1 large fresh peach, sliced
1/2 cup Blueberries
1/2 cup Raspberries


Preheat oven to 450ºF. Unroll pie crust onto baking sheet; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake 8 to 10 min. or until lightly browned; cool completely.

Meanwhile, pour half-and-half into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping; cover. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Spread pudding mixture over crust just before serving; top with fruit. Cut into slices. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment