Saturday, September 18, 2010

#29: Peanut Butter Balls


Here is another recipe I found on the 30DayGourmet website.  This recipe calls for honey or corn syrup,and since I had honey on hand (exactly enough mind you!) I figured I'd use that.  I actually think this would be better with corn syrup because you can really taste the honey in this.  Not that that's a bad thing but I used organic honey so maybe that's why it's really strong tasting.  I also thought this would be better coated in chocolate, so that's exactly what I did!!  The 2 w/out chocolate in the picture are how they are intended to be made.  I melted chocolate in double boiler and dipped/rolled these in chocolate after these were frozen (so they would hold their shape) and then refroze.  Doesn't the chocolate covered pb balls look better???

I'll be serving this at book club on Monday, so we'll see if anyone else enjoys these as much as I did.  PS...this is a very easy recipe!  I personally would give these 4 stars.  If you make this, let me know what you think!

Makes 24 balls
1/3 honey or corn syrup
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1 c dry milk powder (I only used about 1/4 c)
1 c quick oats

Mix honey or corn syrup and peanut butter in a bowl. Stir in oats (an electric mixer works well). Stir in just enough milk powder to help the balls hold their shape. Roll in 24 balls.


Freezing Directions: Place on plate or baking sheet and chill to eat now.
To eat later, freeze on tray until firm and place peanut butter balls in labeled freezer bags or rigid freezer containers.

Serving Directions:
Thaw slightly, but keep chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment