Saturday, September 18, 2010

#30: Super Healthy Smoothie!

Each morning I look for a really fast breakfast and often to some form of smoothie (lately it's been slimfast w/a banana in it).  But since I made the luscious punch earlier in the week I have left over orange juice and didn't want to throw it out.  So I decided to make a smoothie out of it instead.  I found a recipe for an orange juice smoothie on www.ifood.tv and altered the recipe to fit the ingredients I had on hand.  This is what I came up with:

1/2 frozen banana (slightly thawed)
1/3 c frozen raspberries
3/4 - 1 c orange juice

Place all ingredients in a blender (Magic Bullet works wonders!) and puree until smooth.  I needed to add a bit more orange juice because mine was too thick and I would have had to eat it with a spoon.  In my opinion, this was delicoius!!  This will become a regular addition to my breakfast options.  Super healthy and easy, what could be better??

No comments:

Post a Comment