Saturday, September 18, 2010

#28: Chicken Enchilada Casserole


This recipe came from the 30 Day Gourmet Website.  I was eager to try it because it used such few, common ingredients.  I'll admit though, I was a little leary though BECAUSE it used such few ingredients.  Brian and I both gave this recipe 3 stars; it was okay, but it isn't something I'd be eaer to put on my next month's menu.  We thought it lacked texture and ended up eating this on top of leftover tostada shells for added crunch.  This would probably be good over rice though too!  Allison however gave this 5 stars!  She loved it and asked for three helpings!

Makes a 9x13 or a 9 in round pan.  (I used a roud, foil pan)

4 10 inch flour tortillas (I used 3)
3 cups cooked, diced chicken

2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used 1 1/2)
1 c shredded cheddar cheese

This is my simplified version:
Combine cooked chicken and cream of chicken soup.  Place 1 tortilla on the bottom of the pan.  Top with 1/3 of the chicken mixture.  Top with flour tortilla.  Repeat with chicken mix, tortilla, then the rest of the chicken mixture.  Now you can cover with foil and freeze until ready to use. 
When you are ready to cook, defrost overnight in the fridge.  Top with cheddar cheese, cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.  Uncover and finish baking another 10-15 min. 

No comments:

Post a Comment