Friday, September 3, 2010

YONR #16: Ricotta Mini Cakes


This recipe is dedicated to my Auntie Mar...because these taste just like your Boo Boo's at Easter!  Every time I eat one, I think of her!

Technically these aren't cakes, they're cookies.  I don't care what they are, I think they are good!  I found this recipe in one of my Family Circle Magazines.  These did not disappoint!  These are supposed to look more elegant and served just dipped in the glaze/frosting.  Brian and I thought these looked more appealing with colored sprinkles on top.  Be warned though, this glaze does dry fairly quickly.  I dipped all mine and then tried to pour sprinkles on top and only the last 12 were still wet enough to hold the sprinkles. So I had to re-dip the others to get them "wet" again. 

Ingredients


2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 cup ricotta
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons milk
Directions
1. Cookies: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together; set aside.

2. Beat butter and granulated sugar together until blended. Add egg, ricotta and vanilla, beating until combined.

3. On low speed, add flour mixture and beat until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Let cool on sheets 3 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely.

4. Glaze: Beat confectioners sugar and milk together until well blended. Dip tops of cookies into glaze and set aside until glaze has hardened.

No comments:

Post a Comment