Sunday, September 5, 2010

September Freezer Cooking Day

Here is a picture of my most recent cooking day (minus the lasagna roll ups since they are currently flash freezing in the freezer).  This month I decided to try just using ziplock bags instead of my more expensive food saver bags.  We'll see if it makes any difference this month!

I intended to do my next cooking day on Monday (labor day) since we have off.  But I decided to squeeze the cooking into extra time I had on the weekend so that we could all do something fun on Monday instead.  So I cooked after the girls went to bed, and when they napped.  It took a little longer this time only because I couldn't really get into a groove, but I don't think I was as tired afterwards because I did it in little spurts.  My kitchen was cleaner too because I could keep running the dishwasher.  All in all, I think I spent about 6 1/2 hours cooking...and look at all of the meals I have ready to go now!

This month I tried multiple new recipes, so keep checking back as I'll post the new recipes after we try them!

So here is what I cooked and/or prepared this time:
1.  Chicken Nuggets and seasoned breading
2.  Bubble Up Casserole
3.  Easy Chicken Marinade
4.  French Dip Sandwiches
5.  Lasagna Roll Ups
6-8. Chimichanga's (3 meals worth)
9.  Chicken Enchilada Casserole
10.  Chicken for Cornflake Chicken Bake
11.  Sloppy Joe Casserole
12.  Crock pot Tangy BBQ Sandwiches

13.  Skillet Tacos
14- 15. Supper on a Bun (2 meals)
16. Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
17. Iowa State Fair Guinea Grinders
18.  Tex-Mex Chicken

19.  Rice Pie
20-22. Lasagna Roll Ups (3 meals worth)

Below is the menu for Sept and the beginning of Oct.  As you can see I don't have to cook again until October 11th...which is conveniently our next day off from school!

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for Tracy! I really wish we lived closer after reading this...we could each take half and double and share OR do it together. Do you do that with anyone? There are a few that I'd like to learn about the lasagna rollups, the taco skillet, and one other I can't recall. Also, woohoo for Jaime's peppers! and Birthday dinners out!

    ReplyDelete