Sunday, September 19, 2010

#32: Rosemary White Bean Dip

(Sorry for the darker photo!)
This recipe claims to make 1/4 c, but I definitely got way more than that (try 1 c, at least!)  I found this recipe in my Family Fun Magazine and decided it would be a perfect snack to make for Book Club.  So I made this and am going to serve it with Stacy's Pita Chips.  Mmmm...I'm going to eat a lot of this!!  I gave this 4 stars.  You can definitely taste the olive oil and lemon in this recipe. 

I'm pretty sure mine did not come out as smooth as it was supposed to, but I'm okay with that.  I don't mind texture in my foods. 

1 (14- or 15-ounce) can white beans (we like great northern or navy), rinsed and drained
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus 1/2 teaspoon of grated zest
1 small garlic clove, pressed (optional)

Instructions
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add a tablespoon or two of hot water if the dip doesn't become creamy.

Nutritional Information
Per 2 tbsp: 68 Calories ● 4 g Fat (0.6 g Sat Fat) ● 0 mg Cholesterol ● 160 mg Sodium ● 6 g Carbohydrate ● 2 g Fiber ● 2 g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment