Tuesday, December 4, 2012

#739: Oreo Layered Dessert


I needed something to make for book club and I was going to make the soft caramel corn that I made last week.  But then I saw this recipe and decided to make it instead because it looked so good.  Now don't get me wrong, this really is good.  It's a big pudding, cool whip, delicious mess.  It's definitely not my favorite dessert though and the crust did not come out of the pan.  I'm not exaggerating when I say it didn't come out either.  I had to scrape and scrape to get it out.  Sadly I decided to start eating healthier so most of this ended up in the trash.  I'd make this again, but not on a regular basis. 

1 package of oreos
1/2 c butter
1 large box of instant chocolate pudding
16 oz cool whip
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 c powdered sugar


Crush the whole package of cookies either with a food processor, or in a bag and a rolling pin. Save a 1/2 c. to sprinkle on top of dessert when it's done. Pour remaining crumbs in a 13x9 pan. Melt butter and pour into crumb mix. Stir it up good and press crumbs in bottom of pan to make a crust.

Make chocolate pudding according to package directions and let it setup in the fridge. In a mixing bowl blend cream cheese until nice and smooth and then add powdered sugar, mix. Then fold in 1-8 oz thing of cool whip.

Top oreo layer with cream cheese mix, then pudding, then your last 8 oz thing of cool whip, and then sprinkle remaining Oreo's on top. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment