Friday, November 23, 2012

#738: Black Bean Taco Soup


I was looking for a recipe to make for my lunches this week that was 1. Easy.  2.  Healthy.  3. Would last most of the week. 4. I had all of the ingredients on hand because I've gone to the grocery store way too many times this week.

I was excited to try this (even though I had to send Brian to the store for black beans and ground turkey...I swore I had everything on hand until I started cooking and realized that was NOT the case) but does this picture look like an exciting lunch to you??  No?  Me either!  I'm going to eat this but I'm not super excited about it.  Maybe I'll give most of it to Matthew.  :)  

Don't get me wrong, this isn't bad...it's just lacking something.  Not sure what yet.

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 package mild taco seasoning mix
1 16 oz can corn (undrained)
1 16 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes (I used diced)
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 4 oz can diced green chilis
tortilla chips
Other taco toppings you like (cheese, sour cream, avocado, etc)

Brown meat and onion, drain.
Stir in taco seasoning, corn, black beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and green chilis. Simmer on low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips and your favorite toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment