Sunday, November 18, 2012

#732: Bacon Quiche Tarts


I was looking for something easy and healthy to make for breakfasts this week.  I really need make ahead meals otherwise I end up skipping breakfast and then snacking all morning on cereal or muffins.  This recipe looked easy and I had all of the ingredients on hand. 

Holy cow are these good.  I ended up making a few without the crescent rolls and they were really good too.  Without the crescent rolls they would be healthier and a great low carb meal.  I cut some up into tiny pieces for Matthew and he loved it as well.  Allison liked the first bite I gave her but the refused to eat any more.  Not only did I eat this for breakfast, but I ate it cold for lunch too.  I'm so going to enjoy these for breakfast this week!


6 oz cream cheese, softened (I used light cream cheese)
5 teaspoons 2% milk (I used skim milk)
2 eggs
1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls (I used light crescent rolls)
5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (I used turkey bacon)

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add the eggs, cheese, green pepper and onion.  Separate dough into eight triangles; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the bacon into cups. Pour egg mixture over bacon; top with remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment