Sunday, November 11, 2012

#722: Pork Chops with Carolina Rub


I thought about making these pork chops for dinner this week and then they were on sale at the grocery store, so that solidified my decision about making them!  Yes, the photo above looks a little burnt.  If you've followed this blog at all, you probably realize by now that's how I like (and is the only way I'll eat) our grilled meat. 

I thought these might be too spicy with the chili powder but they weren't at all.  Usually I have to drown my meat in bbq sauce, but tonight I ate them as is with no sauce!  These were really good.  Brian and I loved them.  I would definitely make these again.


1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 (4-ounce) center-cut pork loin chop
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
 
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub pork with spice mixture; let stand 10 minutes.
 
Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 4 minutes. Turn pork; grill 2 minutes. Brush each chop with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce (we skipped this step), and grill 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment