Sunday, November 11, 2012

#723: Dill and Chive Peas

This recipe was in a recent Taste of Home magazine and I figured would be a perfect Thanksgiving side dish to make for my family.  I figured I better try it out first though so I made it for dinner just for my family.  The girls were not fans, Brian wouldn't even attempt to try it, but Matthew loved it in his mesh feeder bag!  He and I will enjoy the leftovers this week for sure!

Because I was making this (pretty much) just for myself, I couldn't justify buying all of the fresh ingredients when I had all of the dried versions already at home. I figured if I liked this with dried ingredients, I would surely love it with fresh ones.  I look forward to trying/making this again with the real stuff!


1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
 
Cook peas according to package directions. Stir in remaining ingredients; serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment