Sunday, November 18, 2012

#731: Mummy Mia Pizza Bread


Yes, I should have made this recipe at Halloween instead of Thanksgiving.  :)  But on my Pinterest board I have one called "Halloween and Thanksgiving" and every time I look at it for Thanksgiving ideas I see it and figured I might as well make it so I can delete it.  MOST people keep pins on their boards to use to remember recipes.  I use my boards to keep recipes until I try them, then I delete. 

Okay, I took the girls to church and Brian made this while we were gone.  I told him how to make it and suggested he MIGHT want to follow the directions in case by doing it his way, the cheese would all melt together.  You can see from the photo he did not heed my advice.  Does this totally look like a mummy...no.  Did it taste good...yes. 


3/4 pound thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
1 loaf Italian bread
1 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup sliced black olives
 
Preheat broiler. Line 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil; set aside.  Cut the sliced cheese into 3/4-inch tapered strips.  Slice off the rounded ends of the bread. Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 4 pieces. Place the bread, cut side up, on the prepared cookie sheets. Toast the bread slices slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
 
Spread some of the pizza sauce on top of the toasted bread to cover. Arrange the cheese slices, overlapping slightly, on top of the sauce to look like the bandages. Add 2 olive slices for the eyes. Place another slice of cheese over the olives to cover slightly.  Working with one pan at a time, broil the pizzas until the cheese is slightly melted, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Makes 8 pizzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment