Sunday, November 11, 2012

Product Review: Alexia Brand Sweet Potato Fries

I was lucky to be invited into a new BzzAgent Campaign for Alexia Brand foods. I was able to purchase, try and review one of their sweet potato fries.  The Alexia Brand wants you to be able to have simple, healthy side dishes to accompany your meals, and not spend hours in the kitchen cooking it.  This busy mom appreciates that attitude!

Alexia is an all-natural company that uses real ingredients and believe that taste and quality are the most important aspect of their foods. 


As I mentioned above, I was able to purchase, try and review one of their sweet potato fries.  There are 5 different kinds of sweet potato fries, but my grocery store only had the julienne cut sweet potato fries.  That's probably the one I would have picked to try anyways, but they also have sweet potato fries in crinkle cut, spicy julienne, puffs and waffle cut. 

My family was not willing to try the french fries, but that didn't surprise me.  I've tried to pass sweet potatoes off as regular french fries before and they didn't buy it.  Chloe at least put the sweet potato fry to her mouth, although it never made it INTO her mouth.  It's a start right?  Bonus for me though because I didn't have to share these! 

I was really impressed with how many sweet potato fries were actually in the bag.  See the photo of the bowl of fries?  I got 2 bowls full of these...minus a few that I might have had to try while cooking to make sure they were done. 

The outsides were nice and crispy and the insides were a little soft.  I personally would have liked them a little more done, but I was afraid they were going to burn and then I wouldn't have been able to enjoy them at all.

I loved these.  They were SO good.  The only thing I thought that was missing was a dipping sauce.  Dipping these in ketchup just didn't seem right.  After I was done eating these, I noticed on their website that Alexia has recipe ideas for dips!  Next time I make these I'll plan on making the Caramelized Onion and Roasted Red Pepper Ranch dip too.  I think that's just what these fries need. 

Now here was the most exciting thing about these fries (at least to my girls)...the french fries are HUGE.  I mean HUGE!  Look at the picture of Chloe holding one.  If they would have actually tried eating these, we would have been fighting over all of the super long ones!  They must use great, large potatoes for these fries.  


Would I buy and make this again? Yes, definitely!  However, please note these might not be in your regular freezer section in your grocery store.  I shopped for mine at Kroger and was about to give up trying to find them (I searched the frozen food section with no luck!).  But as I was walking past the ORGANIC FREEZER SECTION I noticed the brand's logo on another product.  And hooray...I found them!!  Thank goodness. 


So go try these fries.  You won't be disappointed.  And while you're at it, like them on Facebook and sign up for  their newsletter.  And if you join their rewards program you can earn points and eventually redeem them for prizes such as coupons, kitchen gear and gift cards.  After signing up, I quickly earned 400 points...and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment