Friday, November 23, 2012

#735: A.M. Rush Espresso Smoothie


Fruit, coffee and chocolate to start out my morning?  Yes please!  Now this is a recipe I was excited to try.

Not being one for going out and buying an ingredient just to use once, I decided to use pure maple syrup in place of the vanilla flavoring syrup.  I thought that would taste weird, it didn't!  You couldn't taste it at all.  Next time I might try pure honey instead.

The cocoa was a little over powering for me, so next time I would cut back on this, but otherwise I would make this again.  It might be a nice change of pace from a regular iced coffee in the morning.  (I must be getting old, coffee is becoming a regular thing for me). 


1/2 cup cold fat-free milk
1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring syrup (I used pure maple syrup)
1 cup ice cubes
1/2 medium banana, cut up
1 to 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
1 teaspoon ground flaxseed (I used chia seeds)
1 teaspoon baking cocoa

Yield: 1 serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment