Saturday, November 17, 2012

#725: Pumpkin-Pecan Spice Cookies


I made these cookies to take to a family Thanksgiving dinner.  I have to admit, I probably ate most of them...obviously I enjoyed them...a lot.  (So did Allison).  These were really easy to make.  I had most of the ingredients on hand too, especially with it being fall and having pumpkin always on hand. 

The only thing I changed about this recipe was that I didn't put the frosting on top.  Honestly, it didn't need it!  I would definitely make these again.

1 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
1/2 c butter, softened
2 eggs
1/2 c canned pumpkin
3 tsp vanilla

2 3/4 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/3 c finely chopped pecans
1/2 c white vanilla baking chips (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
4 oz vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark) chopped) (I omitted)


Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray, or line with cooking parchment paper or silicone baking mat.

In large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in flour, baking powder and spices. Stir in pecans and baking chips. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.

Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. 

(I omitted this step) Place candy coating in small resealable freezer plastic bag; seal bag. Microwave on High about 1 minute or until softened. Gently squeeze bag until coating is smooth; cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle coating over cookies. Let stand until set.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment