Saturday, November 3, 2012

#720: Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin


Well I was putting this recipe off for quite a while because I am NOT a pork fan.  I try to like it but I just don't like the taste of it most of the time.  When I went to the grocery store this week it was on sale (a lot!) so I couldn't put off trying it any longer.  I figured the girls would not eat this so I reheated them some of the chicken fajitas we had in the fridge.  But I wanted them to try it so I put a little bit on each of their plates.  Well before I even had a chance to sit down, Allison had put her pork into her bread (made a little sandwich) and exclaimed, "This pork is SO good."  And then asked for more!  3 sandwiches later, I had to cut her off!!  I'm adding this recipe to her "Favorite Recipes" book that I'm making for her.  She claimed that it's better than her favorite Cornflake Chicken...she must really like this then!! 

By the way, Brian and I also really enjoyed this recipe too.  SO easy.  I loved the glaze, Brian thought it was okay.  I definitely added more of the sauce/glaze to my pork!!

Ingredients:

1 (2 pound) boneless pork loin
1 teaspoon ground sage (I used fresh sage)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water

Glaze:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions:
Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment