Tuesday, December 4, 2012

#745: Rise and Shine Pizza


I think this recipe is an oxi-moron for our family since I made it for dinner instead of breakfast.  Don't be fooled though, no one else ate this besides me.  And I was perfectly happy NOT to share this.  This recipe can definitely be adapted to whatever veggies you have/like on your pizza. 

I would definitely make this again.  It was great eaten cold the next day for breakfast as well. 

1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough
1 Tbsp. olive oil (I omitted)
1-1/2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
1/3 cup sliced green onions, divided
1 plum tomato, sliced
6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
4 eggs
*I also added some diced green peppers and turkey sausage on mine*


Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Pat and stretch dough into a 14x6 inch rustic rectangle on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Brush with oil. 

Top with 1 cup of cheese. Crack eggs, 1 at a time, into small bowl, and beat well.  Pour on top of cheese.  Top dough with tomatoes, bacon, remaining cheese and onions. Bake 23 to 25 min. or until crust is golden brown and eggs are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment