Tuesday, December 4, 2012

#742: Italian Panko and Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops


I really, really, really wanted to like this recipe.  We've been having such good luck with pork chops lately that I was sure I was going to like it.  I was wrong.  I either totally over cooked this (it's a huge possibility) or I had a bad cut of pork, or I just didn't like it.  Either way this was tough (in my opinion), however Allison and Brian both enjoyed it immensely.  (FYI Brian did not like this reheated).

This was easy to make and I double dipped the pork in the egg/panko mixture to make it crispier, which I think made a big difference.  Always double dip whatever you are making!  This isn't a bad recipe, I just wouldn't make this again for our family.

3 bone in pork chops
1 egg, beaten
1 cup of Italian seasoned panko crumbs
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil then coat with cooking spray.

Combine the Italian seasoned panko crumbs with the Parmesan cheese and mix well. Dip the pork chops in the beaten egg before coating both sides of each chop evenly with the panko mixture. Place on the baking sheet then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.

Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 145 degrees. Turn the oven to broil and cook for a minute or two (watching very carefully) so the top crust gets golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment