Wednesday, December 26, 2012

#756: Quick Pinto Beans


These quick pinto beans really are a snap to put together and would be so easy to add to any weeknight dinner when you don't have a lot of time in the kitchen.  However, I made mine over the weekend and ate it cold (I like cold beans).  I personally enjoyed it just as much cold as I did warm...although hot/warm beans probably are the best way to eat it. 

I would make this again, but the mustard is a little over-powering.  I might omit it next time. 

1 Tbsp. oil
1 pkg. (6 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Smoked Ham, chopped (I used turkey bacon)
1 cup chopped onions
2
serrano chiles, sliced (I used a tiny amount of a jalapenos)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 c Dijon Mustard
4 cans (15 oz each) pinto beans, undrained


Heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add next 4 ingredients; cook 3 min., stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro and mustard; cook 2 min., stirring frequently.
2 cans of beans; add to ham mixture. Stir in remaining 2 undrained cans. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min., stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment