Wednesday, December 26, 2012

#757: Muffin Frittatas


I came across this recipe for a Muffin Frittata, and was eager to make it to take for breakfast last week. I ate it cold, but it was definitely better hot, right out of the oven. I'm too busy/lazy to warm it up when I'm at school. I need to eat and work at the same time (which was why it was cold). I enjoyed it though and would definitely make these again. These are a great low-carb, healthy, quick breakfast and you could adapt it by adding in any veggie you like!

6 eggs
1/2 c milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 c chopped zucchini
1/4 c chopped bell pepper
2 tbsp chopped red onion
I also added: cooked, chopped turkey breakfast sausage and turkey bacon.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until blended. Add cheese, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, turkey bacon and turkey sausage. Mix well. Spoon evenly into 12 greasted muffin cups. Bake in oven just until set (20-22 min). Cool on rack 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment