Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Product Review: Perdue Oven Ready Roasted Chicken


If you are a frequent visitor to my blog you will see that I am a picky chicken eater.  Yes, we eat chicken often, it is hard for me to find chicken that I like and will eat again and again.  When I was invited to join a recent BzzCampaign for Purdue Oven Ready Chickens, I was excited to try it.  As soon as I got my coupon to try it for free, I ran to Kroger to get one fully intending to get a boneless chicken breast.  Unfortunately to my dismay, our Kroger only had bone-in Breasts.  I almost didn't purchase it in hopes of eventually finding it a boneless one, but decided to get it any way. 

Here's the downfall to this FRESH product...it doesn't last indefinitely!  :)  We almost missed our window of making this because I couldn't find the expiration date anywhere on the bag...until FINALLY I found it and realized it was about to expire.  So we immediately made it that night for dinner.  I was skeptical about this product.  I was sure I was not going to enjoy it. 

This was SUPER, SUPER easy to make.  You literally cut open the outer package of the bag, stick the sealed inside bag in a pan, cut a small slit in the bag and then roast it.  There is NO prep work.  None.  Unless you consider cutting open a bag prep.  Leave it alone and walk away...come back about 1 1/2 hours later and your dinner is done.  It's a perfectly seasoned chicken and since it's in a bag, there's no clean up.  Let me repeat that in case you missed it: there's no clean up!  This busy mom appreciates that.


Okay, so like I said earlier I'm a picky chicken eater.  Well my family didn't even get to eat any of the skin (I know, it's not the healthy part of the chicken!) because it was so crispy I couldn't stop picking it off the bird.  It was that good. 

The chicken was super moist and besides the awful task of getting the chicken off the bone (I hate doing that!) this was easy and so good, I would definitely purchase this again.  And now that I've learned how to make my homemade chicken stock, I'm actually excited to make this again to have the left over bones to make chicken stock too.  2 for 1 deal!  Excellent product, excellent meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment