Wednesday, December 26, 2012

#750: Chicken and Rice Slow-Cooked Pork Chops


Ok so I was a little nervous about making this recipe for my family because I was afraid they wouldn't eat it in the liquid/soup it was cooking in.  But I decided to try it anyways. 

Unfortunately I need recipes that can cook all day long in the crockpot and this recipe wouldn't be long enough for us and I knew it would be totally dried out.  So I browned the pork chops as directed then froze them.  Then when we were ready to make this I threw the frozen (partially cooked) pork chops in the crockpot along with the rest of the needed ingredients and let them cook all day on low (with fingers crossed they would turn out!)

I absolutely loved this!  Like I've said before, I'm not a big pork fan....I loved this so much, I ate it cold for breakfast the next day.  Yes, it was that good.  We are definitely, definitely making this again. 

6 lean pork chops
1/2 cup of flour
1 tbsp. salt
1 (10 oz.) can chicken and rice soup
1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. oil

Coat pork chops in mixture of flour, salt, dry mustard, and garlic powder and brown in oil in skillet. (You do not need to cook all the way through as it will finish cooking in the crockpot.  Just cook enough to brown on both sides).  Place on wax paper and freeze.  When frozen bag, label and date. 

When ready to cook, place FROZEN browned pork chops in crock-pot. Add can of soup + ½ c water. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (mine cooked for 9 ½ hours).

No comments:

Post a Comment