Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Product Review: Private Selection Spaghetti Sauce

 
I was recently invited to join a Bzzagent Campaign for Private Selection Holiday Foods including their olives, crackers, cheese, coffee and spaghetti sauce.  We eat a lot of jarred spaghetti sauce in this house so I was excited to try the Napoletana Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Sauce.  I got a coupon in my kit to try any one of their sauces for free so I chose the Napoletana since it was the one I figured my family was most likely to eat!  It has plum tomatoes, olive oil and roasted garlic in it.  You can definitely taste the garlic, which I like.  This sauce is a little sweet, but I like sweet sauce so I didn't mind.  It also has light "chunks" of tomatoes in it, which I also like, but Brian does not, so he picked out the bigger pieces.  (Not a big deal though).  I used it in a manicotti recipe and we enjoyed it so much, I decided to get another jar to make a deep dish pizza.

My family (who tends to balk when I use a different sauce) couldn't event tell the difference.  I would definitely buy this sauce again.  I liked that a 1/2 c serving has only 60 calories in it and 8 g of sugar.  I thought that was pretty good for a jarred sauce. 

You can buy this product at a local Kroger grocery store.  Stock up for the holidays...you never know when company is coming over and this is a great way to get a fast, healthy, delicious meal on the table in no time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment